OCT. 19, 2016 | There is more time to develop grant applications for up to $25,000 to promote health in each of South Carolina’s four regions, according to the Healthy Insights collaborative being managed by the S.C. Association for Community Economic Development.
The deadline has been extended to 2 p.m., Nov. 4, 2016. Learn more.
The match funding requirement has been lowered to a 1:1 match, which means that a $25,000 grant would require a minimum of a $25,000 match. However, in-kind funding, such as staff time and volunteer hours, can be used to satisfy 50 percent of the match requirement. Grant partners also may contribute resources to the project that count toward in-kind match funding, such as event space and staff time.) Read more
New grant funding opportunities and resources for the S.C. Lowcountry Promise Zone
In this update, you will find new information and recent news on a variety of topics, including:
NEWS: The Promise Zone has held two town hall meetings so far this month; another is set for Monday in Jasper County. Allendale, Barnwell and Hampton counties will have meetings in November.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES: Learn about more than a dozen funding opportunities to help rural communities become stronger – from pilot projects and health center grant offerings to community food projects and training for farmers.
COMING EVENTS: There are a host of coming webinars with good information.
RESOURCES: This section provides links to studies and stories on rural health, education and more. Read more
Representatives of the S.C. Promise Zone will offer an informational update about what’s happening in the federally-designated area during a special Oct. 17 meeting in Ridgeland prior to the regular meeting of Jasper County Council.
Please join us. Promise Zone partners, supporters and members of community organizations and neighborhoods are invited to learn about the area’s success since the designation was awarded. The meeting also will include a short focus group session to share plans for a new entrepreneurial training program for the region and get input on the kinds of training opportunities sought in the county.
- TIME: 4:30 p.m., Oct. 17, 2016
- WHERE: Jasper County Council chambers in the Jasper County Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Courthouse Square, Ridgeland, S.C.
- NOTE: The meeting is not expected to last beyond 5:30 p.m., but Promise Zone representatives will be available until 6:30 p.m. when they are to make a short presentation to county council members.
Officials will outline progress, discuss new training academy
Leaders of community organizations and neighborhoods are invited to attend town hall meetings next week in Bamberg and Colleton counties to learn about progress in the S.C. Promise Zone and help to develop a new training program
- Oct. 3, 5 p.m. — Bamberg County residents are encouraged to attend a one-hour information session at Bamberg County Council chambers in Bamberg for the Promise Zone update and focus group about training opportunities. The meeting will end at 6 p.m. to allow for the monthly meeting of Bamberg County Council, which will start at 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Council chambers, 2959 Main Highway, Bamberg, S.C.
- Oct. 4, 4:45 p.m. — Colleton County residents will receive a similar update and be able to participate in a discussion about training opportunities. The meeting, which will be held in Colleton County Council chambers, will end at 5:45 p.m. to allow for a scheduled meeting of Colleton County Council.
- Location: Council chambers, 109 Benson St., Walterboro, S.C.